|Jackson County Genealogy Library|
The Jackson County Genealogy Library (JCGL) houses the largest collection of genealogical books and resources in Southern Oregon. Over 19 thousand volumes cover all states. The library is especially rich in Jackson County and Oregon resources. We continue to add new volumes to our library collection, click here to see our latest acquisitions
In addition to books of genealogical interest, JCGL also has the following:
- Family histories
- Atlases and maps
- DAR Lineage books
- The Mayflower Descendant and all Mayflower Family Books
- New England Historical and Genealogical Register
- American State Papers
- Great Register of California 1890
- CD-Rom Collection
- Microfilm and microfiche readers and printers
- Historical quilt collection donated by Jacksonville Museum Quilters Guild, click here for more information.
- Patron computers with high-speed internet connection with access to a variety of genealogy subscription sites such as Ancestry and Find My Past.
- JCGL is a FamilySearch Affiliate Library, which means there are many records on FamilySearch that cannot be viewed unless you are in an affiliate library.
The JCGL is open from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Saturday, except Tuesdays when we stay open till 9:00 PM. The library closes the week leading up to Christmas, and Thursday through Sunday at Thanksgiving. RVGS members have free access to all resources in the library. Students conducting genealogy research may use the library at no charge. Non-members may use the library for $5.00 per day. Click here
to learn more about becoming a member of the Rogue Valley Genealogical Society.